Write your name and your partner's name on the back of your index card.
Click the MHS Library Catalog button. HOME.
Choose a topic related to this orientation's book theme.
Type the topic in the search bar and find a nonfiction book.
Nonfiction books - call number example: 385.6 ADA.
On card: Write the title, call number, and the subject of the book.
Do not choose an F or fiction book: Example: F ADA.
While on the same topic, click Web Sites found in the upper right corner or scroll down and see what Web Path internet options are available.
On card: Write the title and URL of one topic-related website.
1. Click on SIRS Issues Researcher. See HOME.
2. Type "Genocide" in the subject search box.
Copy the Essential Question related to genocide.
Scroll down. Read the titles of the three articles on both sides of the issue. From this or your current view on the subject, what is your opinion (yes or no, pro or con) to the essential question? Does your partner (if you have one) agree?
1. Hover over Student Tools (top). HOME.
2. Choose Subject Area Resources.
3. Choose StatPlanet.
4. Drop down choices on left (defaults to cell phones).
5. Choose Education.
6. Choose School Life Expectancy.
7. Choose the United States from countries on right side.
8. What is the School Life Expectancy from Primary to Secondary in the U.S.? (1-12th grade)
9. Choose another country and compare their School Life Expectancy.
What is the difference between the United States' "School Life Expectancy" and the other country you've chosen?
Name the country in your answer. Why do you think this is?
Give your completed card to a library aide at the circulation desk or Mrs. Roff if a library aide is not present. Accept a treat:)
If you want, you can check your debt. Catalog: Log in with ID# and last name.
Browse the library shelves. Check out a book if you wish!